Of all the issues surrounding dog health, diarrhoea seems to be the most common. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, given the fact that our adorable canine companions share a universal passion for delectable delights.
Proper Dog Health: Diarrhoea Symptoms
For every person concerned about, dog health, diarrhoea symptoms should be the first things they should attempt to learn. Given the fact that when it comes to dog health it is one of the most common medical conditions that plague our beloved pets, knowing the different dog diarrhoea symptoms is essential for early determination and treatment of the same.
What are the dog diarrhoea symptoms?
– The dog passes stool more than 5 times in a day.
– The stool is watery in nature.
– The stool emits an unusually foul smell. Most stool samples, of course, smell bad, but stool sample from a dog suffering from diarrhoea smell like spoiled food in many cases.
– The stool often has light color, usually yellowish.
Diarrhoea Considered As Common
In general, diarrhoea isn’t considered as a grave medical condition that will imperil the dog’s health. This is because dog diarrhoea can be brought about by common causes which are quite easy to remedy.
– The dog may have eaten more than he should have, in which case, adjusting the amount of intake would be in order.
– The dog may have eaten something he shouldn’t have, in which case, monitoring what he eats and monitoring the substances he interacts with would be prudent solutions.
– A new kind of food may have been introduced to your dog and his system is not quite accommodative for the same, in which case, a gradual introduction should be resorted to.
– The dog may be stressed because of a new environment or changes in an old one, in which case, you can help him relax.
– The dog may have eaten some cheap, low quality pet food which his tummy’s not receptive to, in which case, a change of diet is in order.
Diarrhoea Can Cause Considered As Abnormal And Be Potentially Dangerous
Not all dog diarrhoea causes are harmless, however. The diarrhoea itself may indicate a far graver medical condition that demands immediate professional attention.
– If the dog loses weight, begins to vomit, passes gas, and his stool is accompanied by dark blood, then he may be suffering from dog diarrhoea that’s targeting his small intestines.
– If the dog loses weight, begins to vomit and his stool is accompanied by red blood that may even look fresh, then he may be suffering from dog diarrhoea that’s targeting his large intestines.
– Common diarrhoea symptoms may even be caused by worm infestation, which is especially true for puppies. Worms are parasites that may deprive your pet of the nutrients he needs.
– If the dog begins to vomit or choke, he may have swallowed a foreign object that needs to be extracted from his system.
– An old dog suffering from diarrhoea may have developed a tumor.
Dog Health Diarrhoea Remedies
Determining the cause – or even the probable cause – for your dog’s diarrhoea is, naturally, the first step. The dog health diarrhoea remedy would depend on what caused the condition, after all, things which we have discussed in an earlier section.
Fasting is likewise a good way to detoxify your dog’s system. Do not feed him for 12 hours. Observe if his stool improves.
Pumpkin is also an excellent cure for common diarrhoea, as this improves control over the dog’s bowel movement. However, make sure that you choose canned pumpkins which are expressly safe for canines.
During the course of the dog’s diarrhoea, try to feed him with food that is easily digestible. This will help his system cope up with the difficulties brought about by the condition. Boiled chicken breast, shredded if possible, is a popular “feel good” delicacy for canine companions during such a period.
The surest dog health diarrhoea remedy, of course, remains to be a trip to the vet.