Dogs can’t talk, but that doesn’t mean they can’t communicate! In this section, learn how to understand your dog’s body language and decipher what they are trying to tell you.
A dog’s body language can tell us a lot about how they are feeling. By combining vocalisations, tail positions and movements, posture, ear position, and other signals, dogs can signal a huge range of emotions.
Unfortunately, many of us miss vital body language signals, which can cause unnecessary stress to the dog – and even risk defensive bites. It’s important for all dog owners to understand canine body language.
Some of the topics you can learn about in this section include:
- Tail wagging and what it really means.
- Dog tail meanings and how to read them.
- Signs that your dog is feeling stressed or anxious.
- How to assess your dog’s overall body language to judge their feelings more accurately.
- How to stay safe around dogs by understanding common warning signs.