Does your dog’s behaviour confuse you? Or is there a certain behaviour you wish he would stop? You’re in the right place!
Dog behaviour can be difficult to understand. To make matters worse, there’s a lot of bad information out there. This includes theories such as “dog dominance” which aren’t based on science.
That’s why we’ve created this section to help you understand your dog’s behaviour. Whether your dog randomly barks at strange noises, puts his paw on you while you’re sleeping or just has random crazy moments, understanding why a behaviour is happening is the key to solving it.
Some of the behaviours we cover in this section include:
- Barking. Why your dog barks, what he’s trying to tell you and how to stop it.
- Attention Seeking. This type of behaviour can be frustrating. Find out why it happens.
- Anxiety Behaviours. What causes dog anxiety (including around children) and the behaviours it can cause.
- Destructive Behaviors. If your dog chews, scratches or howls, it could be a sign of a variety of problems (including a lack of exercise).
- And many more!
About the Dog Behaviour Section
Dogs are a man’s best friend – but that doesn’t mean they are always easy to understand! This section is about the various types of dog behaviour you may encounter, why the behaviour happens and what to do about it. As this is a site focusing on positive reinforcement and training, we don’t advocate using physical punishment in our training or behavioural posts.
- Why Do Dogs Roll On Their Backs?
- Why Do Dogs Lick Their Paws? (And What to Do About It)
- How to Bond With a New Puppy and Build a Trusting Relationship
- Why Do Dogs Tilt Their Heads?
- Why Do Dogs Eat Grass Frantically? [Causes and Prevention]
- Why Does My Dog Lick The Couch and Other Furniture?
- My Dog Doesn’t Like Toys – What Should I Do?
- How to Keep Dogs From Digging Holes
- 24 Fun Indoor Activities for Dogs (Great for Rainy Days!)
- Dog Tail Tucked Between Legs: Meanings and What To Do About It
- Why Do Dogs Like Squeaky Toys?
- How to Stop Your Dog Barking at the Front Door
- Why Do Dogs Howl in the Middle of the Night?
- Why Do Dogs Shake? 6 Reasons for Shaking, Trembling & Shivering
- How to Stop a Dog Escaping From a Crate
- Why Does My Dog Lick The Air?
- Why Do Dogs Dig Their Beds?
- Why Does My Dog Pee on My Bed?
- Why Does My Dog Put His Paw On Me?